The following are the general procedures for collecting and delivering of your cargo through our ports. Further details can be enquired through the respective Port Manager or Officer-in-charge.
To Know Your Cargo Coming By Ship
- Need to know through the local Shipping agent via their addresses submitted by supplier or sender.
- Knowing what vessel/ship that is calling all ports in Sabah.
- Know the date that vessel estimated time and day of arrival (ETA).
- Prepare your document such as custom, SPA and other organisation related to your cargo clearance.
To Clear Your Cargo
- Your supplier/sender will send you The Bill Of Landing either direct from Port of loading or subsequent Bill Of Landing from transhipment Port.
- Upon knowing your cargo would arrive, contact your local shipping agents or they would contact you through your address and contact telephone number
- Submit your Bill Of Landing to your local shipping agent for exchange of integrated Import Document (IID).
- To collect your cargo at the Port warehouse upon arrival, you need to get CLEARANCE from Royal Custom & Excise Department or other departments.
- Note: SABAH PORTS AUTHORITY only HANDLE, STORE and DELIVER YOUR CARGO FROM WAREHOUSE OR SHIP. ROYAL CUSTOMS & EXCISE DEPARTMENT ONLY DEAL ON (CUSTOM DUTIES) TAX ON YOUR CARGO ACCORDING TO CUSTOM TARIFF
- To get CUSTOM CLEARANCE, you either declare your cargo yourself or engage professional service; the Freight Forwarders, before you collect your cargo at the warehouse / SPA godown.
Delivery Of Your Cargo
- Hand over your integrated Import Document and your Customs Declaration Forms to:
- Sabah Ports Authority for payment of port charges and others at Landing & Shipping Section (L&S)
- Custom & Excise Department for payment of Custom Duty & others at Custom Cashier
- Other organisation such as Police, Agriculture & Health Department.
- Obtain payment receipt or credit stamped chop from L&S
- Approached SPA appropriate officer and custom officer appointed to deal with your document.
- Hire transport to standby for delivery of yor cargo
- Request your cargo delivered to your transport/lorry by getting your delivery list issued by SPA Personnel
- Proceed to SPA gate for final check by SPA Police and Gate Examinations Office. Delivered to your house/warehouse.